You can also see more details about this new launch at Google official blog : http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/relevance-meets-real-time-web.html
Monday, December 7, 2009
You can also see more details about this new launch at Google official blog : http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/relevance-meets-real-time-web.html
Sunday, November 29, 2009
There are some new updates of Google Algorithms that I would like to summarize as following.
This is the official caption from Google Blog that will see their continuously improvement of ranking algorithms.
For the last several months, a large team of Googlers has been working on a secret project: a next-generation architecture for Google’s web search. It’s the first step in a process that will let us push the envelope on size, indexing speed, accuracy, comprehensiveness and other dimensions. The new infrastructure sits “under the hood” of Google’s search engine, which means that most users won’t notice a difference in search results. But web developers and power searchers might notice a few differences, so we’re opening up a web developer preview to collect feedback.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
To know how successful of social media campaign , you need to get the right measurement metrics that can judge whether is it successful or not. I always use these 5 key metrics in order to measure the social media campaign .
You can measure the interaction of social media campaign by using different key measurement , for example : in Twitter, you can use Retweet figure to measure how successful in each message or campaign message that you send out each time. For the blog and also youtube.com , you can see how much people Response / Comment on your post. It will be count both negative , neutral and also positive sentiment.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Looking back at those early days, we were committed to some basic principles that have since become fundamental tenets in the world of online video:
- Speed matters: Videos should load and play back quickly.
- Clip culture is here to stay: Short clips are voraciously consumed and perfect for watching a wide variety of content.
- Open platforms open up possibility: Content creation isn't our business; it's yours. We wanted to create a place where anyone with a video camera, a computer, and an Internet connection could share their life, art, and voice with the world, and in many cases make a living from doing so.
You may noticed the new "Sponsored Link" search results showing up when you search in Google Maps on your iPhone? These new search results are Google adwords ads. They're easy to pick out, because they use a customized icon instead of the typical push pin icon. While it's not surprising that Google is going to want to find every way possible to monetize its mapping service, it's still a little disconcerting to see these results popping up.
Given this obvious new revenue stream, it makes us wonder whether Apple wants to get in on the lucrative mapping action. Their recent purchase of the mapping service company Placebasecertainly suggests the possibility. That makes the share of Google increase significantly during the last week.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
The Digital Disconnect’ Emerges'" study found that even though 52% percent of the 1,000 women surveyed have befriended or become a fan of at least one brand on a social network, 83% nonetheless feel 'neutral' or 'negative' when they see a brand on a social networking site. Only 17% said they feel positive."
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
I have found one interesting contest. The Ubuntu awards have been announced and its all about ideas for a campaign (online / ofline etc) to run in January / Febuary 2010.
The proposal must be for £25,000 and we are looking for:
- The quality of execution
- The breadth of elements used in the campaign
- The success in the way the elements are linked to provide a 360 degree campaign.
- The innovation that will make South Africa stand out as a destination
- The expected return on investment.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Features of this profile:
- For an explanation of these groups (Creators, Critics, etc.), see a presentation
- Bars indicate the percentage of the selected demographic that are in each Social Technographics group.
- The white marks indicate the same percentages for the whole population of the country selected.
- The index indicates how the demographic compares to the population — a score of 100 means the demographic is the same as the population average.
The message "No data available" appears when you request a profile for which our survey samples are not large enough to provide a reliable answer. This occurs for age groups in Japan, Metro China, and South Korea. To see profiles in these countries, set the Age to "Not specified".
There are some Social Media revolution which significant to our digital life. You can see summarize as following.
- By 2010 Gen Y will outnumber Baby Boomers….96% of them have joined a social network
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web
- 1 out of 8 couples married in the U.S. last year met via social media
- Years to Reach 50 millions Users: Radio (38 Years), TV (13 Years), Internet (4 Years), iPod (3 Years)…Facebook added 100 million users in less than 9 months…iPhone applications hit 1 billion in 9 months. Who will be next?
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 4th largest between the United States and Indonesia
- Yet, some sources say China’s QZone is larger with over 300 million using their services (Facebook’s ban in China plays into this)
- comScore indicates that Russia has the most engage social media audience with visitors spending 6.6 hours and viewing 1,307 pages per visitor per month – Vkontakte.ru is the #1 social network
- 2009 US Department of Education study revealed that on average, online students out performed those receiving face-to-face instruction
- 1 in 6 higher education students are enrolled in online curriculum
- % of companies using LinkedIn as a primary tool to find employees….80%
- The fastest growing segment on Facebook is 55-65 year-old females
- Ashton Kutcher and Ellen Degeneres have more Twitter followers than the entire populations of Ireland, Norway and Panama
- 80% of Twitter usage is on mobile devices…people update anywhere, anytime…imagine what that means for bad customer experiences?
- Generation Y and Z consider e-mail passé…In 2009 Boston College stopped distributing e-mail addresses to incoming freshmen
- What happens in Vegas stays on YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook…
- The #2 largest search engine in the world is YouTube
- Wikipedia has over 13 million articles…some studies show it’s more accurate than Encyclopedia Britannica…78% of these articles are non-English
- There are over 200,000,000 Blogs
- 54% = Number of bloggers who post content or tweet daily
- Because of the speed in which social media enables communication, word of mouth now becomes world of mouth
- If you were paid a $1 for every time an article was posted on Wikipedia you would earn $156.23 per hour
- Facebook USERS translated the site from English to Spanish via a Wiki in less than 4 weeks and cost Facebook $0
- 25% of search results for the World’s Top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content
- 34% of bloggers post opinions about products & brands
- People care more about how their social graph ranks products and services than how Google ranks them
- 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations , Only 14% trust advertisements
- Only 18% of traditional TV campaigns generate a positive ROI, 90% of people that can TiVo ads do. Hulu has grown from 63 million total streams in April 2008 to 373 million in April 2009 , 25% of Americans in the past month said they watched a short video…on their phone
- According to Jeff Bezos 35% of book sales on Amazon are for the Kindle when available. 24 of the 25 largest newspapers are experiencing record declines in circulation because we no longer search for the news, the news finds us.
- In the near future we will no longer search for products and services they will find us via social media
- More than 1.5 million pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photos, etc.) are shared on Facebook…daily.
- Successful companies in social media act more like Dale Carnegie and less like David Ogilvy Listening first, selling second
- Successful companies in social media act more like party planners, aggregators, and content providers than traditional advertiser
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
- The study found that 65% of participants engaged with sponsored ads within the first 10 seconds of their search.
- Scan paths do not follow the order of the search result positions. Often, sponsored ads were looked at before the third or fourth result.
- There is not a significant difference in fixation duration across the first four results or sponsored ads on both Facebook and YouTube.
- 50% of participants were satisfied with their brand search on Twitter. Many liked that they could find the most current opinions about a product.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
They also have given the credit to Federated Media who built this platform. Federated Media (FM) is a next generation media and publishing company that connects the highest-quality conversational content with leading brand marketers. FM represents more than 100 of the world’s most respected websites, blogs, and social networking applications. With a unique combination of quality, safety and scale, FM leverages deep, long-term relationships with brand marketers and advertising agencies to create cost effective and meaningful media and marketing executions. Learn more at www.federatedmedia.net.
Friday, July 31, 2009
- While the 18-29 year old set spends the most time online (although by just 2 hours per week over the 18-43 year old set) the type of usage varies greatly.
- Overall the usage of the various media is steadying over the past 5 years with the largest change happening on the Internet. If you are the newspaper, radio or magazine business, though, the term ’steadying’ may need to be replaced with the word ‘disconcerting
- The Internet is mostly an extension of what someone is / or does offline. If you watch a lot of TV offline you are either moving from the couch to the desktop or maybe you’re just too lazy and you are putting your laptop on your lap on the couch but guess what you are doing either way: watching TV.
- Social networking isn’t just for Gen Yers anymore. Double-digit growth numbers for the use of online social networking sites proves that the phenomenon has moved well beyond the realm of college students.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Today I have found the creativity idea of 1-800-FLOWERS.COM which set up the store front page in Special Offer page in Facebook. If you are not the Fan yet, it will look like this image that you can see only feature product and leads to their website.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Today Twitter has unveiled Twitter 101 (A Special Guide) that explain what Twitter is and how businesses can use it, along with case studies of a few companies that use Twitter. They show Dell, Jetblue, Pepsi, etc. as case study about how to adapt Twitter to communicate with customers and generate sale from Twitter post. Also they have Best Pratice for marketers as well. Let's check it out full information at here : http://business.twitter.com/twitter101
Sunday, July 26, 2009
There are some interesting about perception from Men and Women of the social media and online media consumption. I have found some interesting information as following.
- Men on Twitter would always write a statement. Women have a larger tendency to ask a question or to convey a feeling that draws empathy or compassion.
- 63 per cent of Facebook users are men, with a growing membership of women, aged above 55.
- Andrew Robertson of BBDO said there are three fundamental differences between men and women. Men are more about scoring, fantasy and destination. "This is why, men enjoy online games much more than women. In fact, 84 per cent of virtual reality players are men."
- 63 per cent of women in the UK complain that men spend too much time playing online games.
- Women are about relationships, reality and journeys. They are more interested in checking emails, interacting with friends and family members and blogging. Twenty-five per cent of women said blogs have reduced the time they spend on reading magazines. More women post profile pictures on Facebook with friends
Thursday, July 23, 2009
I just read " "The Traveler's Road to Decision," released from Google and OTX on Tuesday, there are some interesting point that I would summarize as following.
- Business travelers are more likely to seek out money-saving packages, access travel sites from their mobile phone, and become a rewards travel program member.
- 25% of business travelers are more likely to access information on their phone, and 83% of business travelers belong to a rewards program.
- Most Search advertisers still don't share the message of specific rewards programs in search campaign yet.
- Google found research to booking could stretch as far as 18.1 weeks on average. That's when more generic phrases are searched on.
- Consumers rely on search engines throughout the trip-planning process more so than travel search sites
- When consumers looking information about hotels, 81% rely on search engines when looking for business overnight accommodations vs. 67% personal; 74% business air travel vs. 59%; 60% destinations vs. 59% personal; and 51% vacation activities vs. 55% personal.
- Travel videos have also become important as people plan trips.
I really love video , always watch it daily. It make me feel relax , not reading entire of day!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Wow, that's cool!. Amazon announced today to acquire apparel and footwear retailer Zappos.com for $847 Millon. Zappos, the popular online retailer ranked 3rd last week among online retailers within the Apparel and Accessories category behind Victoria’s Secret and Old Navy. Both Amazon and Zappos.com are well-known for the breadth of product offerings, so it is not surprising that they share much of their audiences. The deal would be the most expensive purchase in Amazon's recent history, according to FactSet Research. Amazon's priciest acquisition this decade was Audible Inc. - which provided audio editions of books and newspapers - for
Zappos is one of company that utilize huge effort to social media that they make their customers feel warms, I think Amazon may adapt and utilize from those channels as well.
The target group of Amazon & Zappos is nearly same target that you can see figure above.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
I just found the new research from Forrester about projection of the Internet population will hit 2.2 billion people by 2013. Of that tally, 43 percent of the Internet population will be in Asia. There are some interesting points in the the research paper as following.
• Growth rates in the U.S., Western Europe and other industrialized nations will be between 1 percent and 3 percent.
• Online penetration in the U.S. will rise to 82 percent in 2013, up from 73 percent. That rate will put it on par with other Internet saturated countries. • Russia and Turkey growth will grow 8 percent a year.
• Africa and the Middle East will show strong growth to hit 13 percent of the online population in 2013.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Elle becomes the powerful girl in Youtube and Social Network now that she build the great community via Youtube and other social network sites. She now got almost 3 Million Channel Views with more than 64,o00 Subscribers in her channel. Elle , 21 years old running her own Beauty Channel that cover the makeup tutorials, hauls , tips and tricks and video blogs. This below is info from her profile. She uses many ways to connect with her target group to get update information via Facebook and Twitter. She has more than 11,500 followers in Twitter account. She also running the contest via her channel as well.
It just 3 months ago that they annouce that Facebook user reach 200 million users, today (15 July 2009), Mark announce again that they got officially 250 millions. That's amazing 3 month, 50 million new users and back to January (6months and half) got 150 million, it means in 6 months period , they got new 100 million users worldwide. That's power of social network!
Let come to see what Bill Gates said about Google Chrome, which he just recently interviewed with CNET.
"There's many, many forms of Linux operating systems out there and packaged in different ways and booted in different ways,"
"In some ways I am surprised people are acting like there's something new. I mean, you've got Android running on Netbooks. It's got a browser in it."
Gates said it was hard to really say much about Chrome OS, since Google has said so little about how it will actually work.
"The more vague they are, the more interesting it is," he said.
Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates also stressed the fact that Google now has two operating systems--Chrome OS and Android. Steve Ballmer noted that Microsoft learned with the separate Windows 95 for consumers and Windows NT for businesses that having two operating systems isn't necessarily a positive thing.
Monday, July 13, 2009
In one of the latest reports by Hitwise for search engine share data, Bing showed significant growth almost every week. You can also see data from different source which also claim huge growth of Bing as well.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Link Builing is important for SEO and there is major impact of getting rank well. There is also less important of Reciprocal Links and also No-Follow Links still widely used (just recent news that Google now crawl the links even though it is no-follow or do-follow , they will judget on their own alogrithms not human control of linking method anymore). Link Baiting is one of popular techniques that make the large acquisition of links through word of mouth and quick spread throughout the blogs and niches website.
- "There is no real life and digital life" It's the same place.
- "a Brand is not a place, it's a direction"
- "Marketing is not about selling stuff, it's about giving the parcipant a reason to buy stuff"
- "the problem: if you think your only tool is a hammer, every problem starts looking like a nail."
That's so cool quotes, take a look more and get fun of it!
This post, I would bring my experience and favourite on this website. I would just give you some website that help you plan your vacation from the scatch that you don't have any idea for the destination in your mind yet. This site is Tripbase.com , I really like the User Interface and their Data Mining system. There are some hightlight different points from other websites as following.
Friday, July 10, 2009
The big OTA player, Priceline has become the official travel partner with Ticketmaster. The partnership will bring special offers for airline, rental car and hotels through Priceline, allowing customers attending an out-of-town event to make travel arrangements while purchasing tickets to an event. Also, The exclusive partnership allows Ticketmaster, a unit of Ticketmaster Entertainment Inc., to provide customers various hotel, airline and rental car offers from Priceline.com. Ticketmaster estimates that 20-30 percent of an event's audience is from out of town.
This is interesting point that they mention to expand internationally that first market that I guess, will be UK that now the existing big player is Lastminute.com (Division of Travelocity) , direct competitor of Priceline. From my opinion, They might use Ticketmaster to integrate with Booking.com (which is leading online travel agency) which own by Priceline to compete with local players there.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
The target audience were new customers, with a vague awareness of the Great Barrier Reef (and Australia), but no awareness of the islands. Our goal was to raise internationalawareness of the Islands of the Great Barrier Reef (a new brand for Tourism Queensland) and transform a popular day-trip destination into an international tourist’s dream holiday. Classified press ads, a PR campaign, in-store posters, online recruitment listings and display ads worked together to drive traffic to the website. Visiting and engaging with the website would drive visitation to the islands in the long term.
The best aspect of ‘The Best Job in the World’ is its location, and although the generous salary is appealing, the real reward is in spending six months living above the reef and exploring the region. The ‘Best Job in the World’ idea was born out of the brand’s positioning – Life Above and provokes Global Experience Seekers to engage with a unique brand asset – the Great Barrier Reef. This would be one of the only integrated international recruitment campaigns, and the only recruitment campaign used to launch a tourism brand.
Describe the creative solution to the brief/objective.
Describe the results in as much detail as possible.
No single tourism campaign (and potentially no single campaign) has ever had such a significant global reach across the spectrum of media and generated such a high volume and highly impassioned response from consumers. -34,684 applicants from 201* countries created 610 hours of video content which passionately promotes our product. - Over 450,000 votes for the Wild Card applicant. - In 56 days islandreefjob.com had 6,849,504 visits, 47,548,514 page views with an average of 8.62 minutes spent on the site. - Media coverage has been estimated at over $US100M from a campaign budget of $US1.2M.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
If you're planning to launch the new marketing campaign, but you don't have any data about your KPIs? How do you set up the budget for you? You will have no idea what is Average Order Value(AOV), Close Rate(CR) Google Adwords just given you the bids and daily budget, but these are only guesses. In order to set up initiatl campaign budget for PPC , you need to calculate your Cost per lead (CPL), like this
I got the recent news about PepsiCo appointed Microsoft to run the biggest ever online campaign, that's so exciting. The campaign will run for nine months and will initially include a Pepsi Max microsite in the UK, Norway and Australia targeting 18 to 25-year-old men.